Digital Media Specialist (7377)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KHGI/KFXL-TV is looking for a talented, creative Digital Media Specialist. This role will manage the online experience on all station websites and social media entities. The right person will be the champion of [email protected] and FoxNebraska.com, our social media presence and all digital properties. This person will work to produce content on the latest, most important and most interesting developments in news stories. We’re looking for someone with a keen eye for trending web content and excellent news judgment to produce information not only online but on air. This person would work closely with the entire news team to develop and implement social media strategies; identify and post engaging, timely and relevant content; monitor competitive social practices and work in line with the stations’ overall content strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing news, and edit and publish stories for the web and social media
- Update stories and breaking news to insure the very latest content is on the web and social media pages.
- Monitor user comments on station sites for inappropriate content.
- Ensure full utilization of corporate templates on station websites.
- Identify and remedy outages and problems on all online platforms. Work with the corporate help desk on all problems that cannot be solved locally.
- Enforce branding standards on websites and social media.
- Position content on websites to maximize traffic.
- Produce live streaming events and work with news team to promote in broadcasts
- Technical knowledge of web and social media functions as well as strong editorial judgment
- Solid understanding of AP style
- Ability to work with others. Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong time-management skills with minimum need for oversight
- Ability to deal with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed
- Well informed of what’s happening in the local, national and international news each day
- Strong news writing skills and understanding of current events
Hours: Must be available to work all shifts including evenings, early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays. Primary shift will be 8-5 Monday through Friday.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top