Digital Media Manager
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WCYB is looking for a talented and creative Digital Media Manager to learn and to teach new systems in a fast-paced environment. Our new Digital Media Manager will be a leader and a teacher, will motivate and hold the team accountable. The right candidate for this newsroom management opportunity must also be a great writer, have tremendous news judgement and be ready to work with our marketing and sales teams across all our digital platforms. Our new Digital Media Manager must have proven motivation, delegation and people management skills. The ability to respond quickly to breaking news situations on all platforms is a must.
- Oversee the selection of content on WCYB's digital, mobile and social platforms
- Expertise in publishing LIVE content on all platforms in a lightning-quick manner
- Ability to react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately is a core expectation of this position
- Mastery of daily news aggregation from around the web, and editing of wire service content
- Produce and edit multimedia elements for online stories
- Research, report and write original stories
- Monitor analytics to measure story performance
- Use analytics to dictate story selection
- Carry the station's brand to the next level while working alongside the marketing and sales departments
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree or equivalent (Degree in journalism or related field strongly preferred).
- Experience in online journalism preferred
- Excellent writing skills and knowledge of AP style required
- Strong understanding of content usage rights management and restrictions
- Basic HTML knowledge required
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Vine, Instagram, Reddit and other social media platforms
- Must be self-motivating and able to work well with a diverse group of people
- Must be able to handle stress, including short deadlines
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
Job Location Bristol, Virginia, United States
Company Location HR.WCYB/WEMT.TRI-CITIES.BRISTOL.VA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top