KTUL is seeking a full-time Digital Executive Producer! This position is an integral part of a fast-paced newsroom environment and responsible for getting breaking news and daily stories on KTUL.com as timely as possible. The Digital Content Producer will edit, write and manage news stories, photos, videos, live streaming and interactive content for all digital platforms, including KTUL.com, mobile, social media and emerging technologies. The Digital Content Producer will also react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately and will keep in constant communication with the assignment desk and news producers as stories develop.
- Oversee daily digital and social content to ensure we are serving our communities by sharing relevant information to alert, empower and protect our viewers
- Supervise content producers, as well as, copy edit and provide feedback to encourage digital and social storytelling
- Manage newsroom and handle breaking news situations to empower and grow our audiences
- Collaborate with News Director and other station managers on special assignments
- Plan and oversee continuity on digital and social platforms
- Mentor digital producers and news team of all experience levels and abilities
- Hold team members accountable
- Post engaging content to our digital platforms
- Seek out and hire capable digital producers
- Complete yearly reviews
- Use data to drive what's being posted and where
- Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms
- Ability to perform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to identity problems and provide solutions
- A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
- Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a news environment or equivalent
- A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and CrowdTangle.
- Excel in social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Expertise in digital video
- Excellent news writing and copyediting skills
- Photo and video editing
- Highly organized
- Strong headline-writing skills
- A passion for breaking news and weather
- Competitive spirit and drive to be the best
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.