Digital Content Producer (Part-Time)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WACH Fox News has an immediate opening for a creative part-time, weekend Digital Content Producer. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our digital content. You will also work closely with the Digital Content Producer and Assignment Desk on the website and social media pages. As the part-time Digital Content Producer, you will work with management and staff to develop content for our web site, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to keep our digital platforms updated.
- Updating and maintaining WACH.com page
- Keeping Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social platforms updated throughout the day
- Editing and posting relevant materials from reporters and producers onto the website
- Creating web-based content from materials gathered by photographers and reporters
- Gathering news affecting the community
- Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
- Listening and responding to scanner traffic
- Previous experience as a web writer or web editor is strongly encouraged
- Experience in a newsroom setting on the assignment desk is preferred
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy. This includes, but is not limited to, AP style writing, attention to grammar, and a sense of urgency when breaking news happens
- Ability to communicate effectively with reporters, management, and online viewers
- General knowledge and interest in local, national, and world news
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines for both the assignment desk and website
- Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and emerging social media
Job Location Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Company Location HR.WACH.Columbia SC.Columbia.SC
Position Type Part-Time
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top