WPDE ABC 15 has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative full-time Digital Content Producer to work a morning/weekend shift. This person will work directly with station management to create strategic plans for retention and acquisition across all platforms.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gathering news affecting the community
- Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
- Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
- Posting accurate stories to web/social as desk/digital are integrated at our station
- Creating content for all platforms with an emphasis on digital
- Must have their pulse on the 24/7 news environment
- Must be extremely proficient with the use of multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Must be in tune with emerging social media
- Creative in cross promotions between on-air and on-line
- Video shooting and editing skills important
- A minimum of one year of newsroom experience is preferable
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
- General knowledge and interest in local, national, and world news
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- A bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is preferred
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.