Digital Content Manager (8786)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATV, the #1 legacy station in Little Rock, Arkansas, has an immediate opening for an energetic, creative and knowledgeable Digital Content Manager. This position will report directly to the News Director. As a newsroom leader and manager, the Digital Content Manager will oversee the KATV digital team, the digital strategic plan, and oversee the station's brand and tone across all platforms/devices. The Digital Content Manager will also manage the promotion of digital on-air and lead by example, through posting of content to the website, KATV's mobile applications and more. The Digital Content Manager will ensure that KATV's employees embrace our digital culture and meet all digital objectives.
- Create strong strategic plans for KATV to ensure all benchmarks are met
- Ensure that all photo and video guidelines are met daily by the digital team and its contributors
- Meet with staff regularly to provide digital platform training, support and innovative integrations and develop new growth and revenue for Sinclair markets
- Maintain high level communications with all newsroom employees, the News Director and General Manager
- Train on-air talent on best practices
- Assist with implementation of sales sponsorships
Required Skills and Experience:
- Technical knowledge of web and social media functions as well as strong editorial judgment
- Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed
- Strong news writing skills and understanding of current events
- A college degree and experience in a television news department preferred
- Knowledge of Broadcast Journalism
- Knowledge of electronic graphics and newsroom computers
- Possess basic HTML skills
- Proficient with Adobe CS
- Flash knowledge is a plus
- iNews and AVID editing experience is a plus
- Experience with web-content management systems
- Must have at least 2 years of previous digital content experience at a commercial TV station
- Journalism degree preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top