WHP has an immediate opening for a Digital Content Manager to oversee news content for overall fairness, balance, and accuracy on our digital and social media platforms. The ideal candidate will produce daily digital and social content, oversee digital producers, and implement our strategy to grow our audience on these platforms. You will work closely with producers and reporters on daily selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Digital Content Manager will lead by example.
Some additional responsibilities of our Digital Content Manager will include:
- Oversee digital and social platforms to ensure we are serving our local communities by sharing relevant information to alert, protect, and empower our audiences
- Supervise digital/desk producers, as well as, review stories and posts and provide feedback to encourage powerful storytelling
- Collaborate with News Directors and other station managers to create special content
- Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms
- Ability to perform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news, and meeting strict deadlines
- Expert multitasker with the ability to pivot on a moment's notice
- Excellent news judgment and analytical skills
- Creative and enterprising spirit
- Ability to identify problems and provide solutions
- A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
- Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic
- A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.