Digital Content Manager
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WEYI-TV NBC25 and WSMH-TV FOX66, in Flint, Michigan, is seeking an aggressive, energetic, and creative Digital Content Manager to oversee our assignment desk and digital news operations.
As a newsroom leader and manager, the Digital Content Manager will oversee the stations' Digital Content Center, daily newsgathering efforts, and the publication of that material to all of WEYI-WSMH's digital properties. These properties include three websites, social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), and mobile applications. The Digital Content Manager will also oversee the stations' brand, culture, and tone across all platforms, promotion of digital assets, and coaching/feedback of newsroom staff on best practices and achieving online goals. This position will require a flexible schedule to assist with breaking news, severe weather, and major station initiatives.
- Oversee daily newsgathering efforts, including content distribution between on-air and digital producers and coordination of field reporting and photography teams
- Oversee efficient operation of the assignment desk
- Ensure that all photo and video use guidelines are met daily
- Meet with news staff regularly to provide digital platform training, support and innovation integrations and develop new growth opportunities
- Maintain high level of communication with all newsroom employees, the News Director, and station General Manager
- Train on-air talent on best digital practices
- Assist with implementation of sales sponsorships
- Double checking content for accuracy and typos and managing content to ensure the very latest content is highlighted
- Editing and posting video to web and social media sites
- Monitoring user comments on station sites for inappropriate content
- Setting up and monitoring live streams of news events
- Must have a strong track record of leadership and understand conflict resolution
- Previous editorial or newsroom management
- Strong broadcast and online writing and copy editing skills, video editing and publishing stories for web and social media
- Must be proficient in Associated Press-style
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Good computer, word processing, social media, and website program knowledge
- ENPS and Avid nonlinear editing experience is preferred
- Proficiency in using new media, digital interactive, and social media platforms aimed at growing audience and loyalty
- Great journalistic instincts and knowledge and interest in local, national, and international news
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- A bachelor's degree with a journalism major is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Flint, Michigan, United States
Company Location HR.WEYI/WBSF.Flint.Flint.MI
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top