D.C. Bureau Chief
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Do you believe that an informed electorate is critical in our democracy? Are you a news pro with experience in managing crews, discovering content, and resources? Do you have a keen knowledge of national politics, and a desire to help connect local audiences around the country with their elected leaders through television and digital media?
Sinclair Broadcast Group is looking for a Capitol Hill Bureau Chief to join our growing news operation in the nation's capital. This position will lead a team of journalists covering congress and related national issues for our local stations and nationwide distribution.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Leading daily coverage meetings, with the ability to make daily and long term content decisions
- Maintaining communication between field crews and assigning coverage. Work closely with the corporate news management team.
- Serving as primary point of contact for local stations requesting Capitol Hill content
- Cultivating an active rolodex of newsmakers and resources in and around Capitol Hill
- 10+ years of journalism experience, including experience managing or leading news gatherers
- Strong knowledge of video production and distribution methods
- Washington DC experience is strongly preferred
- Exceptional people skills, including networking and leadership
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
Job Location Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Company Location HR.DC Bureau.Remote.Washington.DC
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top