Data Science Manager (8156)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is currently looking for a Data Science Manager to join our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate will be intricately involved in the design, development and implementation of data-driven solutions using machine learning technologies and advanced statistical methods to address business problems. This position will be expected to perform data analyses, generate and test working hypothesis, prepare and analyze historical data, identify patterns as well as apply machine learning techniques to formulate a solution. We are seeking candidates from the Seattle, Washington or Baltimore, Maryland markets to fill this open position.
- Participating in business engagements focused on customer and consumer analytics
- Understanding key business issues driving machine learning implementations
- Developing specifications and requirements to extract data from current and third-party systems, as well as for interfacing client systems with analytic models
- Assisting in research of new machine learning techniques, ideas, and applications; industry research given client situation; summarizes findings
- Identifying short list of candidate software, hardware and vendor solutions that could meet requirements
- Designing and implementing predictive model development, related algorithms and interfaces to analytics results
- Guiding data science projects through from inception and planning to development, implementation and evaluation
- Preparing communications and project deliverables
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, actuarial science or related field of study. Advanced degree (MA/PhD) in quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- Experience in machine learning packages and statistical programming languages such as WEKA, Matlab C, R, Python. Extensive knowledge of tools for data mining and statistics (SAS, SPSS)
- Experience with Google Analytics and DoubleClick for Publishers preferred
- Strong competency in various machine learning techniques (supervised learning, unsupervised learning, reinforcement learning). Strong knowledge of other quantitative disciplines (operations research, decision theory, etc.) preferred. Knowledge of machine to machine learning techniques
- Proficient in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources. Ideally some of this data would come from embedded sensors, for use in applications such as predictive maintenance.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis to peers in a concise and actionable manner
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments while also having the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Willingness to travel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top