Sinclair Digital is looking for a Data Engineer (BI Developer/Data Analyst) to join our Insights team. He or she would be responsible for building pipelines into a cloud-native data warehouse, implementing data best practices and data integrity controls, and analyzing or visualizing the data as needed. This role crosses products and teams; the common denominator is a passion for getting the most out of data. The successful candidate will be passionate about media and technology and have great hands-on technical, leadership, and communication skills. Sinclair Digital believes in data transparency and self-service analytics so all members of the Insights team need to be comfortable teaching others how to answer questions with data. This is an opportunity to integrate data into the entire technology culture at Sinclair Digital and includes modern cloud development, agile processes, and a design-first engineering culture that is constantly experimenting and learning.
This role is a mix of software development and analytics so either of the following backgrounds is acceptable: a software developer with experience in data interpretation and desire to focus on the analytics space or a business analyst with experience in software development, especially focused on process automation.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Familiar with the modern cloud data platforms (Google preferred but AWS or Azure is ok). In particular, experience in some of the following is preferred:
- Big Query, Kubernetes, App Engine, API Gateway, Lamda, Cloud Functions
- Experience gathering, manipulating, and presenting data to effect decision-making
- Experience identifying trends, patterns, anomalies, spikes, standard deviations, and other occurrences in data sets
- Experience with Google Analytics or ad trafficking data (especially Google Ad Manager)
- Experience with data requirements gathering
- Experience evaluating data collection for accuracy
- Experience using data visualization tools (e.g. Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about algorithmic concepts from at least one information-centric discipline (e.g. statistics, machine learning, information processing, natural language processing, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about the relative computational complexity and scalability of particular approaches
- Experience with pulling data from a variety of sources is required; typical sources include 3rd party APIs, CloudSearch, SQL-based data warehouses and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of data technologies such Airflow, DataProc, or Spark a plus
ABOUT THE COMPANY
There are few companies that can provide the breadth and depth of audience impact and scope of work that Sinclair can. Sinclair Digital is transforming how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more local television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Our multidisciplinary team works together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems around delivering the most trusted, empathic, engaging, quality news, information, and entertainment to web, mobile, broadcast, and over-the-top (OTT) media distribution to audiences all over the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, a content management and publishing platform, and into a seamless user experiences. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into a omni-platform enterprise while maintaining our corporate entrepreneurial spirit.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Seattle, Washington, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR SEATTLE INTERACTIVE.Remote.Seattle.WA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top