Sinclair is seeking a Culture and Talent Development Manager to bring their energy, ideas and best practices to Sinclair.
In this newly created position, you will join our HR team during an exciting time of transformation. As a key contributor with reach across the organization, you will collaborate and provide recommendations to a wide variety of partners, assist with creating impactful and long-lasting programs in order to champion systems to better manage our talent, advance our commitment to fostering a workplace culture and environment to help our workforce deliver an optimal experience to our viewers and customers.
- Provide collaboration and progressive leadership to create and manage diversity and inclusion initiatives involving planning, coordination and communication of key activities, event and resources management, awareness and training, and reporting program progress and metrics.
- Work within the HR department to assist with employee development initiatives, such as mentoring, career pathing, rotational leadership. Coordinate training. Coordinate connecting events with the goal of learning, addressing a business need, and sense of common purpose.
- Monitor workforce data, by gathering and analyzing data to produce reports to illustrate progress, ROI on investment, parity, creating and launching appropriate surveys, and use benchmarking and data to assist with planning and decision making.
- Partner with Employment Team to strengthen outreach and efforts to attract candidates, including partnering with recruitment leads company-wide, developing and maintaining relationships with colleges, associations, and groups representing diverse constituents.
- Collaborate and share best practices, from outside and within the company. Identify opportunities to further integrate employee development, talent management and culture in areas such as, employee recruitment, onboarding, policies, and employee communication.
- Establish, guide and partner with internal resources to drive employee engagement and external recruitment efforts.
- Collaborate with internal departments to promote initiatives to employees, leadership, fans, partners and the community, and external constituents.
- With support of senior leadership, hold teams and individuals accountable to the strategy and drives discipline and good governance, actively challenging and ensuring meaningful progress and reporting.
- Collaborate with Human Resources team on other tasks and projects as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources
- Seven years (or more) experience in Human Resources
- Experience with culture building programs, diversity and inclusion initiatives, change management, partnership with strategy development and leadership programs. Preferred experience in growing grassroots initiatives in these areas with the ability translate business and individual needs into actionable items.
- Experience using and developing HR metrics, managing data, verifying data, and conducting data analyses.
- Solid computer application skills, including advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to deliver attentive and responsive customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities with superior attention to detail.
- Passionate and dynamic leader, with a proven track record of harmonizing strategy, programs and experiences, and ability to influence at all levels.
- Knowledge of leading practices, policies, processes and evaluation tools in culture and talent development and a passion for learning to stay current on these topics.
- Flexible self-starter who uses profile, relationships and institutional knowledge to engage the right people to affect the right outcomes.
- Ability to bring challenging topics to the table in a constructive way, and engage stakeholders in coming up with viable impactful solutions.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.