Content Distribution Attorney
- Baltimore, MD
Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking an experienced Content Distribution Attorney to join our team!
- Drafting, analyzing and negotiating carriage and distribution agreements for the company's networks and channels to MVPDs, vMVPDs and other distributers
- Provide counsel on legal issues related to distribution relationships, including MFN analysis and compliance
- Work on license agreements for basic programming services, broadcast networks and local broadcast stations
- Provide legal support and advice regarding distribution, as well as, participate in additional legal department initiatives
- Maintain a clear understanding of various rights issues related to the dissemination of content over multiple distribution platforms, including both traditional and emerging media distribution platforms
- Work independently and manage deals with minimal supervision while adhering to Company policies
- Minimum of 4 years' experience working as an attorney at a television network, MVPD or law firm focusing on distribution and carriage agreements
- Exposure to and an understanding of matters relating to television and motion picture content distribution
- Experience drafting complex content distribution agreements for both linear and on-demand platforms is preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently or under limited supervision
- Self-motivated, with outstanding interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate complex concepts and issues effectively with colleagues, counterparts and management at all levels
- Law degree from an accredited law school
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family's every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
Back to top