Content Director (6199)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 173 stations located in 81 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KJZZ is seeking an experienced, hands-on Content Director with strong leadership skills and an aggressive style.
- Managing the stations' sports and varied media content operations, setting budgets, establishing goals and directing the staff that produces hours of local media content
- Responsible for initiating and managing varied news content delivery on multiple platforms
- Work closely with local and corporate management to establish content, philosophy and direction
- Review daily and weekly programs to ensure quality control and brand compliancy, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
- Recruiting, hiring and negotiating contracts for news department personnel
- Collaborate with other managers to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Will bring strong fiscal experience for both operational and capital expenditures
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts on two stations and must have a proven track record of success in building a winning news organization
- Journalism degree and a minimum of five years' experience in news management with noted leadership skills is required
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top