Clearance Manager, Business and Legal Affairs
Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group. Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Our Clearance Manager will work directly in conjunction with original programming, production, marketing, digital and other departments as needed under the supervision of the Business and Legal Affairs department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
Negotiates and obtains clearances for Tennis Channel content, as assigned, as follows:
- Manages footage licensing by working with existing licenses and obtains additional licenses as needed
- Works with our photo library subscription services and functions as the liaison between company and the subscription services. Additional clearances may be required for photos not in Tennis Channel's subscription
- Works with our music library subscription services and functioning as the liaison between company and the subscription services. Additional clearances may be required for music not in Tennis Channel's subscriptions
- Obtains and processes all releases (location, athlete, network, contest entrants, etc.) as appropriate
- Negotiates and drafts Tennis Channel content licensing out to 3rd parties
- Advises, reviews, and approves all clearances for Tennis Channel content
- Monitors and manages clearance expiration and communicates expiration dates to the appropriate Tennis Channel personnel
- Reviews, manages, and maintains production binders ensuring all clearance and backup data is included and accurate
- Ensures compliance with all music licensing entities (ASCAP, BMI and SESAC) by working with appropriate Tennis Channel personnel on music cue
- A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Demonstrated success working well with all different personalities
Job Location Santa Monica, California, United States
Company Location HR.TENNIS CHANNEL, Santa Monica, CA.Tennis.Santa Monica.CA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top