Chief Engineer (6623)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATV, in Little Rock, AR, is currently seeking a Chief Engineer.
A qualified candidate will coordinate or perform maintenance of computer and broadcast equipment of the television broadcasting station by performing the following duties:
- Plan, manage, train, and coordinate technician's activities
- Assist and advise in planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations
- Supervise maintenance of computer software, hardware, and local area network applications on systems throughout the station
- Establish the procedures to insure that all IT equipment is operational and secure
- Keep software versions up to date. Insures software license compliance. Follows all corporate directives for IT security
- Supervise preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting on almost any electronic device or support electronics whether in-house or installed at transmitter; including but not limited to: cameras, video equipment and/or audio switching equipment, processing and monitoring equipment, microwave transmitters and receivers, satellite receivers, and computing equipment
- Supervise and/or perform transmitter maintenance of all transmitters
- Respond to trouble calls with broadcast or computer equipment (sometimes after regular hours and weekends)
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years experience in broadcast television engineering
- 21st century skill set, a great team-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality
- Strong leadership skills and exceptional communication are absolutely essential for the successful candidate to possess
- A strong IT background
- A college degree, SBE certification, and A+ certification are highly desired
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top