Business Manager (8424)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WNWO-TV is seeking an Business Manager to perform accounting duties in accordance with company policies and procedures. Accounting duties include assisting with management of financial reporting and general accounting functions of the station, as well as ensuring that all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, company regulation, and GAAP reporting guidelines. The candidate will also be responsible for Supervising the Human Resource functions at the station.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, fixed assets, financial statements, etc.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, financial statements, forecasts, reports, variance analyses, etc.
- Review balance sheet, profit, loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position of organization for managers
- Coordinate implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Interact with other organizational managers in preparing budgets, forecasts and financial information
- Assist in other daily projects as assigned by the Regional Controller
- Supervise all Human Resources & Payroll activities including:
- Preparation and review of payroll process
- Recruiting and hiring compliance in accordance with FCC/EEO regulations
- Preparation of offer letters and initiation of background checks
- New hire orientations and exit interviews
- Employee relations matters, which may include disciplinary documents and investigating complaints
- Leave administration
- Maintenance of personnel files and other HR records
- Reporting/responding to workers' compensation and unemployment claims
- Associates degree in accounting, finance or equivalent, or enrolled towards such degree
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in Accounting and Human Resources
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Working knowledge of payroll, human resources, internal control procedures and general ledger
- Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- Experience in the broadcast industry a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a business office
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top