Bureau Multimedia Journalist/Reporter
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJAC-TV has an exciting opportunity for a Bureau Multimedia Journalist/Reporter. Your responsibilities, in this role, will include reporting, shooting, and editing news stories. In addition, you will be responsible for enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, and other responsibilities as assigned.
This position is located in one of our bureaus and will require a person who is skilled at making deadlines, troubleshooting work-related challenges, and communicating with the main newsroom. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites, and mobile phones, in addition to television.
Skills and Requirements:
- Shooting with digital HD cameras
- Strong writing skills for broadcast, web, and social platforms
- Strong communications skills with both sources and newsroom staff
- A flexible schedule
- Knowledge in using latest social media tools, such as Facebook Live
- High quality on-air presence
- Flexibility in changing stories at any moment
- Sharp news judgment
- Excellent technical skills
- The ability to work well independently
- Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
- A minimum of 1 year reporting experience or college related experience is required
- Experience editing on non-linear systems (experience with Avid is a plus)
- Experience with live shots is required
- Experience with Live-U is a plus
WJAC-TV Attn: News Director 49 Old Hickory Lane Johnstown, PA 15905
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Johnstown, Pennsylvania, United States
Company Location HR.WJAC.Johnstown.Johnstown.PA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top