Have you always had a knack for problem-solving? Are you the type of person who enjoys being hands-on and also doesn't mind taking a break every now and then to coach another teammate towards perfecting their craft? Our team needs YOU to continue to elevate our engineering team. The Broadcast Engineer / IT plays an imperative role as the go-between resource for the engineering team, leadership, and the location's personnel. We need a dynamic team lead to help grow the impact of our engineering team! What you can expect working as an Broadcast Engineer / IT:
What you can expect working as an Broadcast Engineer / IT:
- To work with a team focused on meaningful relationships
- A high-energy environment
- A chance to work on a team supported, influenced & lead by some of the Broadcast Industry's leading innovators
- Related on-the-job experience
- To work at the TV station regularly & remote transmitter sites.
- Daily opportunities to learn the art of how-to (re)prioritize.
- The station's obstacles and challenges are your challenges.
- The possibility of unexpected and/or late-night calls for engineering-emergencies at the station
- Act as the subject matter expert and point of contact for all things as it relates to equipment and technology at the location, as well as stay up-to-date on the new industry standards.
- Support and assist the News department in maintaining must-have for live production
- Implement, install & maintain engineering systems and provide end-user support across all departments
- Provide transmitter support
- Replace or adjust defective and/or improperly functioning equipment
- Networking / Wiring
- 2-3 years of demonstrated people leadership experience
- Great aptitude and attitude!
- Valid & unencumbered driver's license
- Work experience, education, and/or formal training/certification in one or more of an engineering-related fields (e.g., technology; information systems; computer science; electrical engineering and/or electronics).
- Previous broadcast experience
- Familiarity with FCC regulations
- Engineering-related certifications
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.