Broadcast and IT Engineer (8890)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KMEG and KPTH, in Sioux City, Iowa, is seeking a Broadcast and IT Engineer. This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment.
- Assist with the building and installation of electronic systems and equipment
- Provide desktop support for standard business applications as well as specialized broadcast scheduling systems
- Maintain the station's network infrastructure, working closely with Sinclair corporate IT mn
- Provide technical support to on-air and news operations
- Document all work, providing signal flow diagrams as required
- Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices
- Other duties may be assigned
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
- Microsoft and Cisco certifications are desirable
- Be able to read and understand technical materials
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
- Able to concentrate for long periods of time
- Hold a valid driver's license
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
- Associate's degree (AAS) in electronics or Information Technology is highly desirable
- Experience is not a must; recent graduates will be considered
- Broadcast experience is a plus, but not required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top