Associate Producer (Part-Time) (8935)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
The local market leader, 13WHAM ABC and FOX Rochester, in Rochester, New York, is looking for a highly-motivated, part-time Associate Producer to support and enhance local news and web/social media content.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing news stories, headlines and teases
- Contacting news sources for story information
- Producing newscast rundowns
- Making editorial decisions and contributing daily story and content ideas
- Communicating with news crews in the field and disseminating information internally
- Conceiving and creating graphics for news stories
- Contributing content to web, Facebook, and Twitter
- Timing newscasts and communicating newscast directions to news and production staff
- Special projects and assignment editing, as needed
- College degree and broadcast experience preferred
- Knowledge of Broadcast Journalism
- Knowledge of ENG, SNG, electronic graphics, social media and newsroom computers
- Ability to work well with others. Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed
- Hours: Must be available to work all shifts including early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top