Associate Producer (Part-Time) (8054)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJAR NBC 10 is seeking a part-time Associate Producer, who will fill in for both the News Producer and the Assignment Desk Editor, as needed. The ideal candidate must have strong writing and news judgment skills and have experience editing compelling video and sound. Working well in a fast paced environment is essential. This position requires education in journalism or mass communications with previous television experience. Non-linear video editing is a plus as is control room experience.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Video editing
- Copy writing
- Prompter operation
- Studio floor directing
- Gathering news affecting the community
- Deploying news crews
- Reacting aggressively to breaking news
- Strong writing & news judgment skills
- Experience editing compelling video & sound
- Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment is a must
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer knowledge / work processing skills
- General knowledge & interest in local, national & world news
- Bachelor's degree with a major in journalism or mass communications is preferred
- Non-linear video editing is a plus
- Studio management / control room experience in a live broadcast environment is a plus
If you have the required experience and skills, we want to hear from you! When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work and/or writing samples. Only online applications will be considered.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top