Associate Mechanical Designer (Temporary) (9014)
Based in Raymond, Maine, Dielectric LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and is a leading provider of innovative broadcast products. From remote stations to major markets, Dielectric delivers products for every need since 1942 and prides itself on being a solution-oriented engineering company. The Company is a trusted partner of broadcasters worldwide. We design, engineer, and manufacture antennas, combiners, switches, diplexers, transmission lines and waveguides for television, and FM radio. We collaborate with the consultant community, as well as with its customers' engineering staffs, to design advanced and reliable antenna systems.
We are growing and have an exciting opportunity for two Associate Mechanical Designers. These roles will work closely with our experienced design team to model and create drawings of antenna and RF system parts and assemblies. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of CAD software, Solid Edge preferable and experience working in an ERP system. This is an entry level position that offers flexibility to set your own hours.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Create three dimensional models using Solid Edge design software.
- Produce draft documents for purchasing, production, and customer use.
- Generate bills of materials, using Oracle MRP software.
- Design parts for the most cost-effective manufacturing methods.
- Collaborate with other team members, checking drawings and BOMs.
- Participate in research and development efforts as needed
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, while maintaining project schedules
- Knowledge of antenna and RF system design a PLUS
- Solid organizational, prioritization, and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain flexibility as priorities change
- Knowledge of standard machine shop practices and fabrication techniques
- Understanding of joining processes - including welding, soldering, and adhesives
- Close attention to detail required
- Experience using Microsoft Excel a strong plus
- Familiarity with Oracle MRP systems helpful
- This position reports to the Mechanical Engineering Manager
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Microsoft Office experience
- Ability to comply with all of our safety standards, including safety glasses and shoes
Dielectric is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top