Assistant Regional Controller (8855)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair has a new and exciting opportunity to work as an Assistant Regional Controller in our Birmingham location.
- Partner with Regional Controller other organizational department heads to manage operating expenses in-line with budget and forecast for the markets
- Assists in Leading monthly financial closing inclusive of quarterly and annual certification of the financial statements
- Reviews balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other reports to summarize financial performance
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecast for the Operation
- Analyzes current and projected financial position to provide insight to necessary stakeholders
- Oversees Operation to ensure compliance with approved accounting policies and procedures
- Performs payroll review and ensure payroll accuracy
- Assists in managing, directing and developing business office staff
- Assist in other daily projects as assigned by the Controller
- Adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations, and regularly enforce internal controls to department and organizational personnel
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience with strong organizational skills and self- motivated
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Prior employee management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of payroll, internal control procedures and general ledger
- Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top