WRGB/WCWN has an immediate opening for Assistant News Director to oversee news content for fairness, balance, and accuracy. This leader will manage content across all platforms, working closely with the News Director and other managers to execute the daily coverage plan and support newsroom staff.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- The ideal candidate must be proficient in creative writing, copy editing, and enterprising stories and be committed to managing compelling newscasts
- You must be able to multi-task and have an eye for detail
- The ideal candidate will also work with the News Director and other managers to establish newsroom goals and work to develop and further the brand of each station's news programs
- The Assistant News Director will work individually with members of the news team to set personal goals and evaluate their performance regularly
- Collaborate with News Directors and other station managers to create special segments
- Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
- Aggressively lead breaking news and severe weather coverage
- Work with News Director to carry out news philosophy and direction
- Help News Director focus on alerting, protecting, and empowering our viewers
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliance
- Handle scheduling of news staff
- Oversee special projects
- Help with recruiting and hiring news department personnel
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Be investigative and enterprise reporting-driven
- A passion for social media
- Be a problem-solver
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.