Assistant News Director (8951)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WRGB has an immediate opening for an Assistant News Director.
You must be an aggressive, experienced news leader with a drive to win. The Assistant News Director oversees the daily production of content for the WRGB CBS6 multi-platforms. You will work closely with Producers, Reporters, Anchors, Assignment Editors and Photographers on daily news coverage. The ideal candidate must be proficient in creative writing, copy editing, enterprising stories and be committed to managing compelling newscasts. You must be able to multi-task and have an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also work with the News Director and other managers to establish newsroom goals and work to develop and further the brand of each station's news programs. The Assistant News Director will work individually with members of the news team to set personal goals and evaluate their performance on a regular basis. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Assistant News Director will lead by example.
- Oversee newscasts, script reviews of Producers and Reporters for assigned newscasts
- Manage and train Producers
- Special projects
- Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
- Other responsibilities, as assigned
- At least 5 years of experience in broadcast journalism as a Producer (or equivalent experience)
- At least 3 years of experience as an Executive producer required
- Four-year degree in journalism or communications preferred
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
- Strong newscast showcasing skills
- Ability to plan and adjust personnel during breaking news
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top