Assistant News Director (6977)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WICS has an immediate opening for an Assistant News Director. This position will work closely with News Director, Assignment editor, and other staff members on the newscast and its content. In this position, you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, direct producers, reporters, management and on-air staff in generating and writing stories, and also recommend content for our website.
- Manage the day to day news operations, with an emphasis on showcasing and breaking news
- Work with News Director to establish goals and direct the staff that produces 40 hours of local news weekly
- Responsible for initiating and managing content delivery on multiple platforms
- Work closely with local and corporate management to establish News content, philosophy, and direction
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
- Collaborate with other managers to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
- Must have a strong producing background
- Willing to work closely with reporters and producers in executing creative and fast paced newscasts
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts and have a proven track record of success in building a winning news organization
- Journalism degree and a minimum of 2-5 years' experience as an executive producer or news management, with noted leadership skills is required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top