Assistant Business Manager (8695)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WHP in Harrisburg, PA is seeking an Assistant Business Manager to support the Accounting and Human Resources function for stations, as well assist with the management of the financial reporting and general accounting functions to ensure all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, Company policies and procedures, and GAAP reporting guidelines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Business Manger by assisting with the Stations' Accounting Functions:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, fixed assets, financial statements, etc.
- Prepare month end journal entries, financial statements, forecasts, reports, variance analysis, etc.
- Collect and analyze asset, liability, and capital financial information
- Prepare and review Payroll Process
- Assisting in other daily projects and Human Resources as assigned by the Business Manager
- Associates or bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or equivalent, or enrolled towards such degree
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in Accounting
- Working knowledge of internal control procedures, general ledger, payroll, and human resources
- Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
- Proficient in Excel and an Oracle background preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in the broadcast industry a plus!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top