- Arlington, VA
WJLA-TV in Washington, DC is seeking a bold, energetic, and creative full-time News Assignment Editor!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Gathering news affecting the community
• Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
• Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• Minimum of two (2) years of assignment desk experience
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or broadcast media preferred
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
• General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Must be able to identify and coordinate breaking news for both broadcast and digital platforms
• Ability to create and write stories for digital and social media
• Strong planning skills
• Ability to develop and maintain contacts
• Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and content management systems
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes nights and holidays
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
Back to top