JOB SUMMARY :
WHAM-TV/WUHF-TV : Rochester's news and marketing leader in Upstate New York. We're hard-working, we're award winning, and we believe in the value of each and every member of our team.
WHAM-TV/WUHF-TV has a great opportunity for you! We are looking for current college juniors or seniors, as well as grad students who are interested in a career in television and/or digital sales/marketing. If you are a resident of New York State and/or attending a school in New York, and a first-time entrant in the New York State Broadcasters Association (NYSBA) sponsored internship program, this may be the perfect program for you.
This paid internship will provide exposure to many aspects of advertising sales including: broadcast television, digital marketing, creative services, and advertising proposals. It is anticipated the internship will provide up to a maximum of 180 hours, averaging 15 hours/week between early June through mid-August.
This internship may be considered for academic credit at the discretion of the student and university -- it is not a requirement.
REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE :
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be attending an accredited New York State college or university or are a NYS resident
- Intern is required to work an average of 15 hours a week including occasional availability outside of normal business hours
- Candidates must be registered for college classes during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed
- Progress towards a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Design, Communications or a related area
- Excellent oral, communication, writing and graphic design skills are needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is essential
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator) is a plus
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.