Ad Tech and Support Engineer
We are looking for an Ad Tech and Support Engineer to drive the ad tech and ad operational management across the suite of products including video, mobile, OTT, and web. He or she will be responsible for establishing and maintaining Ad Tech best practices, improve ad delivery methods, execute ad architecture rollouts, and assist with cross organizational platform ad tech support for the Sales & Operations division. The successful candidate will be passionate about advertising, media and technology and have great hands-on technical, problem-solving and communication skills. This candidate will assist in perfecting the operational excellence across the entire ad tech suite at Sinclair Digital. This position will report directly to the Director, Yield and Sales Operations.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- 2-3 year's experience in Ad Tech or sales engineering on digital platforms
- working knowledge of video distribution in IPTV or OTT providers specifically within Roku
- End to end system design, integration and testing of digital video broadcast and delivery systems
- Needs hardware, software and network knowledge
- Deep understanding of compression and streaming video technologies - HLS FMP4 and ive HLS, DASH, VAST/VPAID, Client and Server Side DAI.
- HTTP traffic and protocols for video delivery and troubleshooting HTTP communication
- Understanding of Internet protocols such as FTP, MFTP, HTTP (XML, HTML), and SSH
- Knowledge in TV streaming standards, web protocols, mobile APP
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills with debug tools that spread cross-device
- Cloud Management through APIs
- Understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
- Continuous Deployment/Integration
- GAM Ad Server knowledge is a plus
- Great communication skills
There are few companies that can provide the breadth and depth of audience impact and scope of work that Sinclair can. Sinclair Digital is transforming how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more local television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Our multidisciplinary team works together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems around delivering the most trusted, empathic, engaging, quality news, information, and entertainment to web, mobile, broadcast, and over-the-top (OTT) media distribution to audiences all over the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, a content management and publishing platform, and into a seamless user experience. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into a omni-platform enterprise while maintaining our corporate entrepreneurial spirit.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Job Location Arlington, Virginia, United States
Company Location HR.WJLA.Washington DC.Arlington.VA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top