Accounts Payable Manager (8715)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group has an exciting opportunity for an AP Manager.
As an Accounts Payable Manager, you would be responsible for executing your position's responsibilities in alignment with our Mission, Vision, Values and driving company success through performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Research and help to identify business opportunities for Accounts Payable and Procure to Payment process. Reports findings and make recommendations to senior manager or director.
- Establishes priorities and delegates work to team members accordingly, while ensuring optimal allocation of resources.
- Organizes and communicates assignments and projects within the department/project team.
- Evaluates and streamlines business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within workgroup.
- Implements and supervises departmental processes and procedures to ensure strategies and directives of department are carried out and in accordance with department and company objectives.
- Oversees the training and development of direct reports.
- Provides direction to direct report team members in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities and achieving maximum productivity.
- Communicates important and necessary information to team members via meetings, memos, and phone calls.
- Influences direct reports and co-workers to accomplish the organization's mission, goals and objectives through motivation, communication, and leadership.
- Informs management of work group's progress and advises them on key issues to help the decision making process.
- Works with direct reports to help set goals to assist in accomplishing department initiatives.
- Manages SOX key audit controls ensuring all required key control activity and documentation is adequately executed by team
- Provides customer services to internal and external customers including inquires and research supporting shared e-mail account.
- Enforces policies and procedures designed to improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the department and Company.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field of study preferred
- 10 years' related experience within a large organization
- 8 years management experience
- 2 years of design effectiveness/implementation experience in high volume processing environment
- 2 years of Accounts Payable system maintenance.
- 15 years' experience accounts payable
- 10 years management experience
- Optimum mix of work experience would result in five (5) or more years of experience in accounts payable, procurement and shared service roles.
- In depth knowledge of Oracle and Concur Travel and Expense
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top