Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Our Accountant/Financial Analyst assists with monthly departmental reporting, quarterly forecast preparation, annual budget preparation, month-end close process, and other key projects as needed.
Daily Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following :
- General Ledger
- Accounting for monthly program cost amortization
- Coordinates and updates analysis of "air dates" for tournament and show events with programming teams
- Researches possible cost reclasses between production/programming events/shows
- Conducts quarterly impairment analysis over production/programming events/shows
- Reviews and reconciles differences between program cost system (Olympic) and Great Plains
- Provides standard monthly reconciliations over program costs accounts
- Assists in coordination of month end close
- Creates journal entries as necessary to perform responsibilities
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Prepares monthly departmental actual to budget analysis and review results with the Senior Manager, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Creates and uploads expense budget and forecast models to TM1 and Great Plains
- Reviews and reconciles differences between TM1 and Great Plains
- Monitor sTM1 monthly and identify variances
- Processes all timing shifts in forecast after actuals are recorded
- Performs ad hoc analysis as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Great Plains and/or FRx Reporting a plus but not required
- Familiarity with Oracle, TM1 a plus but not required.
- Well-developed communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Curious nature and demonstrated initiative
Job Location Santa Monica, California, United States
Company Location HR.TENNIS CHANNEL, Santa Monica, CA.Tennis.Santa Monica.CA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top