Account Executive (7333)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATU in Portland, Oregon, is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Sales Account Executive. We are looking for someone who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective TV and digital advertising solutions. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills; strong problem solving and analytical skills; have an enthusiastic and outgoing personality, along with a drive to succeed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
- Develop new business through selling commercial and digital advertising, and other station products by reaching out to local businesses and other advertisers
- Create and present advertising strategies for local businesses incorporating television, online and digital mediums
- Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
- Manage existing station relationships and develop new business contacts
- Attain budgeted revenue goals through effective solicitations, creative marketing ideas and excellent customer service
- Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising
- Results oriented self-starter, with a proven track record of sales success
- Proven ability to develop new business, NTR and secure renewals
- Strong organizational abilities, written/oral communications and presentation skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other Microsoft products
- Ability to build and maintain mutually beneficial customer relationships
- Competitive, persuasive, and creative seller
- Ability to overcome objections and work with a variety of personalities
- Working knowledge of new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media required
- Broadcast/Digital sales experience and college degree preferred
- Knowledge of Nielsen, Wide Orbit, comScore, and Scarborough a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top