Channel Marketing Manager
Simplicity Consulting, Inc. (www.simplicityci.com) provides leading brands with scalable sales and marketing talent solutions that drive business! We have been on the Inc. 5000 “fastest-growing private companies in America” list for 5 years in a row. So what sets us apart? Our personal approach, support excellence model, and inside knowledge of the marketing industry. We value relationships, not transactions and love helping people achieve success in their career! Simplicity Consulting is currently seeking candidates with channel marketing experience for several of our Fortune 500 clients.
This position will provide account level marketing and promotional expertise in order to drive increased market share and revenues for Microsoft’s products & services by developing, implementing and measuring retailer specific promotions and marketing plans.
You will succeed by being the corporate expert on the consumer, the competition, the account-specific business drivers, our partners, and competitive & business trends for respective products in the relevant businesses. You will have the opportunity to create and execute best of breed programs and promotions that maximize retailer and Microsoft benefit.
Specifically, this position requires:
• Understand the consumer and marketplace dynamics impacting the relevant product category
• Drive agreement on key channel objectives for your products/category with account teams and accounts
• Develop a close working relationship with the account manager, category managers, 3rd party partners, and most importantly, the retailers.
• Develop marketing plans for respective retailers/partners based on collaboration with category managers and account teams.
• Plans will encompass the MS and partner goals and expectations (from launch to phase out or end of life), be differentiated by account and ensure in-store brand ownership, category assortment, promotions, merchandising, sales contest, etc.
• Understand the levers for driving share and revenue at the account level (e.g. on price, shelf presence, display, features, promotions, convenience, etc.)
• Strong understanding of consumer purchase habits by account and product.
• Retail Experience - channel or category
• 5-7 years relevant experience
• Microsoft experience a plus
• Strong project management skills
• Experience developing efficient work plans for complex projects involving many groups. Effectively coordinate and implement plans.
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong collaboration skills
• Ability to effectively influence others in multiple groups and collaborate to achieve specific goals.
Illustration of Microsoft competencies · BA required; MBA preferred · proven analytical experience with sales, trend analysis, plan-o-grams, forecasting market and market share, assortment development to help drive accurate sell through forecasts.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Channel support of accounts & distributors
• Lead on organizing/decks for ROB events (SMM, SMR, IPR, etc.)
• Lead on support planning for ROB events (SMM, SMR, IPR, etc.)
• Open & manage PO’s
• Day to day retailer reporting
• Weekly ad tracker
• Weekly online tracker
• Budget tracking
• Driving weekly sales call and preparation
• Online optimization of assets
• Online auditing
• Online product asset management
• Asset delivery to retailers
• Other activities/special projects
• Sample requests
• Developing a close working relationship with the account manager, category managers, 3rd party partners, and most importantly the retailers.
• Developing marketing plans for respective retailers/partners based on collaboration with category managers and account teams. Plans will encompass the MS and partner goals and expectations (from launch to phase out or end of life), be differentiated by account and ensure in-store brand ownership, category assortment, promotions, merchandising, sales contest, etc.
• Having a strong understanding of consumer purchase habits by account and product.
• Tracking the success of the business by evaluating key indicators such as market share, volume, GM and revenue goals.
• Driving agreement on key channel objectives for products/category with account teams and accounts.
• Maintaining a strong knowledge and awareness of industry and competitive trends.
• Understanding retail environment, consumer and overall marketplace dynamics impacting the gaming category.
• Being the retail expert for key initiatives and respective products in the channel and evangelize key takeaways with the product groups, account managers and externally with accounts.
• Understanding levers for driving change at retail, share and revenue in the category (e.g. on price, shelf presence, display, feature, promotions, convenience etc.), consumer purchase habits by account and product.
• Defining and implementing key executions for our retailer.com sites to lead to best in class online execution
Meet Some of Simplicity Consulting's Employees
Talent Delivery Manager
Beth oversees Simplicity Consulting's mission-driven Talent Team of recruiters and coordinators who identify the right professionals to expand its community of experts.
Back to top