VP Customer Success
VP Customer Success | Simplee
Palo Alto, CA
Simplee, founder of the patient financial care movement, is healthcare’s leading technology platform for engaging patients and addressing affordability with personalized paths to payment. Founded in 2010 and led by a team with roots in consumer experience, financial services and healthcare, Simplee’s mission is to make healthcare consumer-friendly. Loved by millions of patients, Simplee’s consumer-centric experience helps the largest health systems reach higher levels of patient satisfaction and achieve better financial performance. From pre-service through to post-service, providers use the Simplee platform to offer financial transparency and match patient financial need to with personalized payment plans. Today, Simplee serves a “who’s who” of US healthcare providers representing leading brands representing billions in consumer payments across more than 200 hospitals and 1,100 physician clinics across the country. We touch nearly 5% of the U.S. population and are proud that 81% (and rising) of patients across Simplee customers report being “very satisfied” with their financial care.
Our proprietary technology is award winning and frequently featured in the press. Simplee is a privately held company backed by venture investors including Greylock (83North), Social Capital Partnership, The Heritage Group (strategic healthcare investor with large hospital systems as LPs), and American Express Ventures. The company received $20M series C funding in May 2016, and received prior funding of $18M. Simplee is headquartered in Palo Alto, California, with regional sales offices, and maintains a development center in Tel Aviv, Israel. Simplee ® is an HFMA Peer Reviewed company and Forrester has validated the return that Simplee customers through a Total Economic Impact study.
The VP, Customer Success will be a trusted advisor and “quarterback” in charge of account success beginning immediately after an account signs with Simplee. The VP CS ensures that Simplee delivers on the promised value, with supreme service, to remain a loyal customer, increase doing business with Simplee, and become a referenceable customer.
Your focus will be to make every customer in your portfolio wildly successful resulting in long-term loyalty to Simplee. Use consultative techniques to build business relationships to retain customers and work closely with the Sales team to scale our business. Use your in-depth knowledge of the Simplee® platform, our customer’s business, and your analysis of the account’s ongoing financial results to optimize the performance of our platform and the customer’s operation.
The VP, Customer Success is responsible for overall customer wellbeing by monitoring customer health, proactively addressing any issues, and driving performance improvements. The expected end result is increased customer satisfaction, retention and continuous growth of the Simplee footprint. We are looking for experts in the enterprise software space.
Collaborate closely with sales, product, marketing and other functions throughout the company. Expect people to want to hear from you on the front lines with customers as you will play an important role informing our agile innovation process positioned for success.
- Build relationships with senior executives and other stakeholders, erect barriers to entry for our competitors, managing the customer relationship with high levels of trust and satisfaction, particularly at the executive sponsor level
- Consistent footprint expansion and revenue growth from Simplee’s product offering to meet or exceed expectations for incremental revenue by identifying new opportunities during sales cycles, upsells, and renewals. Expand our relationships with our most strategic accounts. Accurately forecast account growth to senior sales management
- Create passionate champions for our products and our mission. Be an ambassador for our brand, consistently impressing customers with your knowledge and professionalism serving as a customer advocate, often functioning as a liaison between our customers and all internal Simplee team (Technical Support, Product Development, etc.), to further strengthen the Simplee partnership
- Ensure customers employ best practices and their Simplee solution is optimized for maximum value
- Ensure that our clients receive the highest level of service and care determines customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers; visiting operational environments
- Lead Executive Level discussion around sales, marketing and customer care processes to provide insights from our customers to drive continual innovation to our platform, product and technology
- Participate in industry events, conferences, and strategic alliances as appropriate
- Create a framework of prioritizing customer initiatives and drive for execution
We’re looking for an experienced, high-energy, and self-motivated Customer Success Professional leader to join us as the VP of Customer Success to help accelerate our business. Strong candidates know Enterprise SaaS and have a proven track record of growing business within the SaaS B2B IT industry, specifically managing large enterprise accounts. Ideal candidates are entrepreneurial and align well in a start-up environment.
- 15+ years professional software industry experience in increasing responsibility owning successful large enterprise customer relationships
- Leadership position(s) in customer success for SaaS financial applications
- Technical software development background with career growth into team management
- Experience leading meetings, demonstrations, presenting to senior executives
- Experience in healthcare desirable
- Able to be on-site in the Palo Alto office daily with approximately 25% travel
- Proven ability to build strong relationships of trust and confidence
- Outstanding communicator to internal and external audiences regarding the business
- Demonstrated business acumen, great problem solver, ability to lead in a changing environment
- Able to take informed risks; entrepreneurial; not afraid to challenge conventional wisdom
- Strong drive to succeed and track record of accomplishment
- High personal and professional standards of ethics and integrity
- Able to persuade, inspire, and motivate others
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter
- Creative and innovative thinker; proactive, tenacious, and curious
- Positive, team-minded attitude
Bachelor’s degree, with advanced degree highly desirable.
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks galore
Meet Some of Simplee's Employees
Director of Finance
As the Director of Finance, Emma has her eyes on the balance-sheet, constantly analyzing and forecasting revenue, budgeting, and seeking new ways to bring Simplee further ahead.
Back to top