Vice President Information Security
The Security Officer is a hands-on leader responsible for all information security, risk and compliance activities in support of the business. While the position reports to the Chief Financial Officer, this leader will have visibility and accountability to our customers, executive leadership team and Board of Directors.
Technical responsibilities include partnering with the technology and operations teams to ensure data breach prevention, development and implementation of security best practices, and appropriate metrics for assessment.
Corporate responsibilities focus on a broad understanding of business requirements, compliance against key health care and payment regulations, timely risk assessments, training of company staff and advocating with customers.
A successful candidate will maintain a pragmatic balance between control and enablement of the business, and be able to make and communicate appropriate trade-offs.
- Assess our development and operation environments to assess risks and gaps related to information security, including potential data breach risks.
- Define, champion, and execute the overall corporate IT security strategy, roadmap and governance structure with the buy-in from operational and business stakeholders.
- Communicate information security and compliance risks to management to ensure proper awareness and decision making. Understand business processes and information system requirements and the associated information risk in those processes.
- Implement all IT security, data breach, and regulatory compliance programs including legal requirements, industry regulations, and best practices (HIPAA, ADA, payments, PCI, SOC 1 & 2, HITECH, TILA, FCRA, REG E, EFTA, and all applicable)
- Develop corporate information security and risk policies, training and education. Provide managerial and technical guidance on the development of information security policies, guidelines, standards, procedures, and responsibility designations.
- Work directly with the client base to understand their business and functional requirements and provide compliance, security, and risk assessment guidance to our clients as required
- Ensure business requirements include security requirements, and are aligned with and support security mission, policies and procedures and their relationship to security, privacy and compliance requirements;
- Identify protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with corporate strategic plan. Oversees technical incident response planning and participates in the investigation of security breaches
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in information technology security in a high-growth startup or consulting environment
- Proven leadership across the organization ranging from planning, project management and budgeting to activities expounding the value of information security
- Strong client facing experience, leading risk and compliance initiatives while increasing Simplee's appeal and offerings to our clients
- Experience in consulting with business and technology leaders including discovery, solutions definition, analysis and evaluation, executive presentations, facilitation, documentation, implementation, business process modeling, change management.
- A background infintech or healthcare compliance, information security, and risk mitigation is a strong plus
- Knowledge of current technical security and data breach prevention protocols and standards including all IT security, data breach, and regulatory compliance, legal requirements, industry regulations, and best practices (HIPAA, ADA, payments, PCI, SOC 1 & 2, HITECH, TILA, FCRA, REG E, EFTA, and all applicable)
This position requires some travel to our development operations in Israel and to customers throughout the US.
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks galore
- 401(K) matching
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
Meet Some of Simplee's Employees
Director of Finance
As the Director of Finance, Emma has her eyes on the balance-sheet, constantly analyzing and forecasting revenue, budgeting, and seeking new ways to bring Simplee further ahead.
Back to top