Product Designer | Simplee
Palo Alto, CA
Founded in 2010, Simplee is a software company driven by a mission to make healthcare consumer friendly. Simplee’s platform for patient financial care offers providers a consumer centric experience to payment and credit, improving satisfaction while delivering proven ROI. Our solution provides a comprehensive approach from pre to post service that consolidates money flows, facilities, and IT systems to shield consumers from back end complexities.
Today, Simplee serves a “who’s who” of US healthcare providers representing leading brands representing billions in consumer payments across more than 200 hospitals and 1,100 physician clinics across the country. We touch nearly 20% of the U.S. population and are proud that 81% (and rising) of patients across Simplee customers report being “very satisfied” with their financial care.
Our proprietary technology is award winning and frequently featured in the press.
Simplee is a privately held company backed by venture investors including Greylock (83North), Social Capital Partnership, The Heritage Group (strategic healthcare investor with large hospital systems as LPs), and American Express Ventures. The company received $20M series C funding in May 2016, and received $10M series B funding in September 2013. Previously, the company raised $6 million in a Series A in May 2012 and $1.8 million seed in April 2011.
Simplee is headquartered in Palo Alto, California, with regional sales offices, and maintains a development center in Tel Aviv, Israel.
About the opportunity
This is a chance to work in fintech serving healthcare markets throughout the US at an established and fast-growing startup. We’re seeking an exceptional Product Designer to join our team as we define, design, prototype, and build software for our healthcare providers and their patients.
Working within a strong product team to research and design elegant solutions for web and mobile web for all of Simplee’s products - Simplee Pay, Simplee Access and new products in the future.
- Quickly create and iterate on designs through sketching, wireframes, and low-fidelity comps
- Deliver clear, detailed and pixel perfect final design specs
- Leverage, Manage, and Build on an elaborate pattern library
- Collaborate closely with product managers and developers during the implementation phase
- Take ownership of design projects and manage them on your own.
- Be the voice for design and push for opportunities to improve our product.
- Travel occasionally to meet with customers and patients and work closely with off-shore development team based in Tel Aviv.
The ideal candidate will have:
- You are an empathetic, curious, passionate, detail oriented and hands-on designer interested in transforming how patients pay bills online.
- You always keep the end users and customers front of mind.
- You love to imagine elegant, simple, effective and delightful solutions.
- You are meticulous about how you communicate and document your designs.
- Above all, you care deeply about your work and how it will impact millions of users daily.
- At least a Bachelor’s in Design, or equivalent experience
- Not only a beautiful portfolio but one that shows your design process.
- Deep understanding of user-centered design principles
- 2+ years of experience designing shipped products
- Strong written and spoken communication skills; comfort presenting and defending design decisions while accepting constructive feedback.
- Expertise in Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision and/or other visual design tools
- Ability to run lean, prototype quickly, and iterate on feedback
Bonus points for experience with:
- Fintech and/or Healthcare
- B2B2C Product Development
- ADA Compliance
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
Simplee is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Simplee
After sickness marred his family vacation, Tomer Shoval returned home to a complex mess of hospital bills—and knew there must be a better way. In 2010, the now-CEO founded Simplee with the straightforward goal of making healthcare more customer friendly—by clarifying costs and simplifying payment with a unified experience across the healthcare landscape.
Back to top