Customer Support Engineer
Founded in 2010, Simplee is a software company driven by a mission to make healthcare consumer friendly. Simplee’s platform for patient financial care offers providers a consumer centric experience to payment and credit, improving satisfaction while delivering proven ROI. Our solution provides a comprehensive approach from pre to post service that consolidates money flows, facilities, and IT systems to shield consumers from back end complexities.
Today, Simplee serves a “who’s who” of US healthcare providers representing leading brands representing billions in consumer payments across more than 200 hospitals and 1,100 physician clinics across the country. We touch nearly 20% of the U.S. population and are proud that 81% (and rising) of patients across Simplee customers report being “very satisfied” with their financial care.
Our proprietary technology is award winning and frequently featured in the press.
Simplee is a privately held company backed by venture investors including Greylock (83North), Social Capital Partnership, The Heritage Group (strategic healthcare investor with large hospital systems as LPs), and American Express Ventures. The company received $20M series C funding in May 2016, and received $10M series B funding in September 2013. Previously, the company raised $6 million in a Series A in May 2012 and $1.8 million seed in April 2011.
Simplee is headquartered in Palo Alto, California, with regional sales offices, and maintains a development center in Tel Aviv, Israel.
About the opportunity
Here at Simplee, our customers mean the world to us. Keeping our existing customers happy by making sure that they feel fully supported plays a pivotal role in the success of Simplee. Passionate dedication to customer satisfaction is the primary goal for the Customer Support team.
The Customer Support Engineers are the first line of technical problem solving, working alongside Development and closely with both the Customer Success and the Product Management teams.
What you will do
- Become an expert in SimpleePAY, SimpleeACCESS and other Simplee applications
- Provide customer support to Simplee customers via email, web and phone, taking ownership of technical issues, and working with Development to resolve advanced issues
- Reproducing, documenting and raising issues and bugs to the Development team
- Manage the support queue, ensuring issues are prioritized correctly
- Gather and analyze complex data points to resolve application issues or answer customer questions.
- Create and maintain product documentation and knowledge base articles.
- Contribute to the development of serviceability tools
- Provide application functionality and usage training to Simplee clients
- Some responsibility for off hours support during significant events
- 2+ years of experience in a Customer Support role working with SaaS or software solutions
- An aptitude for technology. Ideally you'll know what working in a technical support or startup environment is like, but an eagerness to learn is just as important.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- An understanding and curiosity of standard technologies, e.g. Linux, SQL Server, Windows administration, web technologies (you don't have to be an expert, but knowing these are technologies you're keen to forge a career with is definitely a necessity)
- Working experience of supporting desktop applications (Windows and Mac)
- The ability to manage challenging customer interactions, demonstrating a logical approach to problem solving
- Team-orientated and collaborative by nature
- Excellent phone, written and oral communication skills required
- Able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Possible travel of up to 10%
This is an opportunity to join a team that offers great career progression both within the team, and into other departments, while gaining a broad technical
See Inside the Office of Simplee
After sickness marred his family vacation, Tomer Shoval returned home to a complex mess of hospital bills—and knew there must be a better way. In 2010, the now-CEO founded Simplee with the straightforward goal of making healthcare more customer friendly—by clarifying costs and simplifying payment with a unified experience across the healthcare landscape.
Back to top