Senior Software Engineer
Signpost is making it easy for small businesses to manage their online presence, convert interested consumers and remarket existing customers. Our cloud-based marketing platform automates the myriad of tasks required to effectively market a small business online, freeing owners to focus on what they do best.
Our engineering team is growing rapidly and we’re looking for our next generation of technical leaders. Our culture is collaborative and emphasizes continuous improvement of ourselves, our systems, and our organization. If you’re ready to join an outstanding and passionate team of engineers - not hackers - at a fast-moving startup where you can learn, grow, and have real technical ownership, you’ve come to the right place.
- Extending, improving and scaling systems and applications built primarily in Node.js.
- Work closely with product managers to define, scope, refine and drive the implementation of new features from conception to release
- Assist, lead and mentor junior engineers, making sure to be an available resource and play an active role in their professional development
- Perform diligent, timely code reviews for your peers and subordinates, while taking their feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve
- Architect systems for fault-tolerance, correctness, security and availability
- Participate in our interview process to select and attract outstanding talent
- Help engineering leadership to constantly improve
- Exemplify our culture of technical excellence
What we expect from you:
- Have well-honed technical problem solving and analytical skills
- Be proficient in several high-level languages like Python, Ruby, Java, or C++
- Have a strong command of CS fundamentals - even if you don’t use it every day
- Be able to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Have a solid mastery of software engineering tools and best practices
- Thoroughly understand persistence and networking concepts and technologies
- Have a deep mistrust of code without adequate test coverage
- Appreciate agility and pragmatism in software development
We would love you to:
- Have an unquenchable thirst for new knowledge
- Always be striving to take your skills to the next level
- Know that building secure systems is an endless battle
- Understand how your code works down to the silicon
- Know that investing in developing solid tests pays for itself quickly
- Know that the root of all evil isn't love of money, it’s premature optimization
- Be active in the open source community (send us your GitHub handle or tech blog)
Meet Some of Signpost's Employees
Sarah translates technical specifications from product data into smart and simplified automated marketing systems, helping small business owners connect and communicate with consumers.
Back to top