Senior Product Manager
Are you passionate about helping small businesses succeed? Do you have an entrepreneur’s hunger for innovation? Do you want to have real ownership and impact from day one, as a core member of a top-notch team building a product that makes a difference? If so, you’ll fit right in here.
Signpost is a software-as-a-service platform that gives local businesses the power to effortlessly build and manage customer relationships - a crucial ingredient for success that’s traditionally been beyond their reach. Our technology automatically builds customer profiles and then uses this data to drive new customer conversion and promote loyalty, reviews, and referrals from existing customers. We empower local businesses by delivering measurable results while saving valuable time.
We’re looking for someone with an analytical and metrics-driven mindset, a strong intuition for how customers think, keen design instincts, and a broad knowledge of today’s technological tools and solutions to take on a key role in defining the future of our product. As a Senior Product Manager, you'll lead brainstorming, prioritization, problem solving, and implementation of new features based on input from our merchants and key stakeholders across the company.
We’ll expect you to:
- Gather requirements and feature ideas from customers, sales and customer support representatives, and your team members through surveys, interviews, inbound requests, and white-boarding sessions
- Brainstorm new feature ideas and organize customer requests into a coherent and realistic roadmap
- Collaborate closely with our UX and graphic designers to create an outstanding user experience
- Draft specs that clearly communicate the goals, designs, key states, edge cases, product metrics, and release phases for features slated for development
- Work closely with our engineering team to implement new features efficiently and with high quality
- Define launch strategies for new features, including drafting feature announcements and overseeing roll-out plans for sales and account management
- Work closely with product marketers to communicate product enhancements to current and potential customers
- Assist, lead and mentor junior product managers, making sure to be an available resource and play an active role in their professional development
- Be a tireless and passionate advocate for the customer
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have outstanding attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of product management experience, ideally at a technology startup
- Genuinely enjoy coaching and mentoring junior product managers
- Thrive in a startup environment - where we’re making it up as we go
- Want to build a great product and love your job
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude
We’d love you to:
- Be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or Sketch
- Have some familiarity with database technologies such as SQL
- Have an MBA or a Master’s degree in a relevant field
Named one of America's Most Promising Companies by Forbes, Signpost is backed by Spark Capital, Google Ventures, OpenView Venture Partners, Scout Ventures and a group of angel investors including Jason Calacanis, Thomas Lehrman, and Jack Herrick. The company is headquartered in New York City with locations in Austin and Denver.
One of America's Most Promising Companies, Forbes, 2014, 2015
Best Places to Work in New York City, Crain's, 2014
Top Workplaces, Austin American-Statesman, 2014
Meet Some of Signpost's Employees
Director, National Sales
Brian's Sales Teams fight for the best interests and success of Signpost clients and sell Signpost's software services to small business owners in order to meet marketing needs.
Back to top