Senior Product Designer
Signpost is an intelligent and effective CRM & Marketing Automation platform for local businesses large and small. We built Mia - a marketing assistant that works 24/7 looking for smart opportunities to market your business. Mia constantly scans data on millions of consumers to find new opportunities to send the right messages at the right time. This AI-based technology creates emails and texts that customers respond to, increasing your sales & online reviews.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, collaborative, and experienced Product Designer to build and lead an outstanding design team, redefine our approach to UX, and inform the direction of our constantly-evolving product. The right candidate will be excited by the scope of this challenge and understand that success doesn’t happen by itself. Our product and engineering teams move fast to constantly improve our product for our customers and partners, and the ideal candidate for this role will have the experience and focus to identify what really matters and maintain the right balance between speed of execution and excellence.
As our Senior Product Experience Designer we’ll expect you to:
- Create user-centered designs by considering product and market data, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Be a tireless advocate for the user
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI specifications for desktop and mobile web
- Influence our organization to be more design centric.
- Work with product managers, visual designers, users, and developers to take projects from concept to release
- Design and maintain a consistent, intuitive, responsive experience across our product
- Present work to product, engineering, and leadership teams for review and feedback
- Design and participate in user-centric A/B tests
What we expect from you:
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to communicate with different audiences, including senior leaders
- Experience working directly with developers on design implementation
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture, UI patterns, and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Expert level knowledge of relevant tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision etc.
- Experience with usability testing, and using the output to drive product design decisions
- Exceptional organization and self-management skills
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions from the ground up and UI design expertise. Must illustrate solutions to UX challenges with complex workflows and demonstrate scalable, user-friendly design solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), a closely-related field, or equivalent professional experience
We would love for you to have:
- A background in visual or web design
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading a team
- The curiosity and passion to be relentlessly self-improving
- Experience facilitating design thinking workshops
- A tolerance for bad jokes, puns, and far too many custom Slack emoji
Working at Signpost:
- We were named one of the 'Best Companies to Work for in New York' by Crain's
- We believe a healthy employee, is a happy employee! Signpost offers competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for both employees and their dependents
- Equity participation
- Pre-tax commuter and 401k contribution benefits
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Monthly lunches, happy hours and team building activities
- Upbeat office space with bagel Tuesdays, a stocked kitchen, a kegerator, monthly game night and ping pong table in the heart of Chelsea
Meet Some of Signpost's Employees
Director, National Sales
Brian's Sales Teams fight for the best interests and success of Signpost clients and sell Signpost's software services to small business owners in order to meet marketing needs.
Back to top