Sr Risk Analyst
At Signifyd, we’re very good at proving that people are who they say they are. We build software systems that catch bad guys. Using all available payment, user, and machine data, we separate legitimate credit card transactions from fraudulent ones in under 400ms. That means building large-scale systems which reduce the complexity of human purchasing behaviors into simple and quick decisions.
You'll join a team of dedicated fraud experts who play a pivotal role in the growth and expansion of our service. Team members will have a huge impact on shaping this evolving department, which offers tremendous opportunity for growth, learning and leadership. This team is quick moving and customer-focused whose mission is to maximize merchant revenue while minimizing fraud. We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate individuals who work hard, play hard, and ensure our customers succeed.
- Review, analyze, and make fast accurate decisions on cases flagged for manual review
- Clearly and thoroughly document investigational findings and conclusions
- Maintain acceptable levels for case volume handled, responsiveness, fraud loss rates, and customer satisfaction
- Monitor fraud alerts and configure risk rules accordingly to flag potential fraudulent orders
- Review and analyze various notifications and escalations to identify fraud trends and patterns
- Learn and use various 3rd party investigation tools
- Summarize key findings, and recommend anti-fraud processes and system enhancements
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as Customer Support, Product Management, and Engineering to enhance tools, data sources, system functionalities, and fraud detection methods
- Educate internal team members and external parties on processes and procedures
- Demonstrate a professional and customer-centric persona when interacting directly with merchants and customers via phone, e-mail, and chat.
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Curiosity, Resourcefulness, and Empathy
- Ability to make decisions with limited and conflicting information
- Solid knowledge of Card Not Present (CNP) environment, ACH, ACH Returns and Credit Card Chargebacks
- A keen eye for detail, accuracy and strong critical thinking skills with advanced judgment capability
- Extensive multi-tasking and prioritization skills needs to excel in fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Must love free daily lunches, healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, regularly company-sponsored social activities, games, and flexible work schedules
Highly Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 5+ years of experience in e-commerce, payments risk-related industry
- Experience in dealing with Merchant or Payer frauds including account take over, ID theft and collusion schemes
- Analytical, quantitative mindset with a keen attention to detail.
- Fluency with data analysis and visualization tools(Tableau preferred)
- Experience in operational processes impacting Fraud (e.g. underwriting, customer service, recoveries)
- Experience interacting directly with customers in a call center or customer service environment
- Excellent SQL skills
- Fluency with data analysis and visualization tools (Tableau is extra credit)
- (highly desired) Familiarity with scripting
- (highly desired) Experience working with Rules Engine
- Local Candidates only
Who We Are
Signifyd was founded on the belief that e-commerce businesses should be able to grow without fear of fraud. Signifyd solves the challenges that growing e-commerce businesses persistently face: billions of dollars lost in chargebacks, customer dissatisfaction from mistaken declines, and operational costs due to tedious, manual transaction investigation. E-Commerce Assurance, Signifyd’s financial guarantee protecting online retailers in case of chargebacks, is supported by a full-service cloud platform that automates fraud prevention allowing businesses to increase sales and open new markets while reducing risk. Signifyd is in use by multiple companies on the Fortune 1000 and Internet Retailer Top 500 list. Signifyd is headquartered in San Jose, CA.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals
Meet Some of Signifyd's Employees
Working on the back-end, Nely creates the foundations for the UX that Signifyd’s customers interact with, in addition to the database, creating a system that’s intuitive and adaptable for the future.
Back to top