Software Engineer, Front-end
Our engineers build systems that catch bad guys. Using all available payment, user, and machine data, we have to separate legitimate credit card transactions from fraudulent in under 400ms. That means doing just-in-time mash-ups of internal data with external APIs and reducing it all into a single score with a few critical insights for end-users.
To solve this problem, we're looking for world-class engineers who are eager to learn, adopt, and contribute to a reactive style of programming.
As part of our core offering, we provide a data-rich fraud research tool to our users which is a highly interactive single-page application built on AngularJS.
Moving forward, we have been building new features in ES2015/2016 (ES6/7) & ReactJS with the goal of migrating our core offering to a more modular and component based architecture. The position will involve maintaining the existing application and migrating/implementing new functionality in a more modern approach.. Our front end engineers frequently take mockups, wireframes,or even just functional spec and create rich user interfaces.
We prefer live coding/a conversational approach in our interviewing vs esoteric programming trivia. Skills, knowledge, and opinions in the vast front end ecosystem is what we are looking for.
- Ability to create pixel-perfect code from finalized visual designs
- Experience with large React and Angular 1.x applications
- Experience with one or more build tools such as Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc.
- A test-driven approach to front-end development
- Experience using Git in a collaborative environment
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Experience with 3rd party APIs, OAuth, E-commerce plugins
- Startup experience
- Some server-side development experience with Python, Java, Node.js or similar language/framework
- Data visualization experience using Google Charts or similar toolset
- Experience with UX and or UI design a big plus
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or other technical field
- Alternatively, an excellent open-source contribution history (highlight in application) or relevant professional experience(we would like to view code samples/project repos if possible)
Here are some of the libraries/tools we currently use:
- Ant Design
Current Legacy App stack:
- Angular 1.4.x
- Foundation CSS
Tools/libraries/languages we have been keeping an eye on:
- Preact/Inferno/React Fiber
Signifyd was founded on the belief that e-commerce businesses should be able to grow without fear of fraud. Signifyd solves the challenges that growing e-commerce businesses persistently face: billions of dollars lost in chargebacks, customer dissatisfaction from mistaken declines, and operational costs due to tedious, manual transaction investigation. E-Commerce Assurance, Signifyd’s financial guarantee protecting online retailers in case of chargebacks, is supported by a full-service cloud platform that automates fraud prevention allowing businesses to increase sales and open new markets while reducing risk. Signifyd is in use by multiple companies on the Fortune 1000 and Internet Retailer Top 500 list. Signifyd is headquartered in San Jose, CA.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.
Meet Some of Signifyd's Employees
Sr. Director of Customer Success
Stacy manages the Customer Support Team, which includes employees focused on support, ongoing account management, fraud analysis, and integration engineering—essentially every post-sale interaction with clients.
Back to top