Software Engineer, Back-end
Our engineers build systems that catch bad guys. Using all available payment, user, and machine data, we have to separate legitimate credit card transactions from fraudulent in under 400ms. That means doing just-in-time mash-ups of internal data with external APIs and reducing it all into a single score with a few critical insights for end-users.
To solve this problem, we're looking for world-class engineers who are eager to learn, adopt, and contribute to a reactive style of programming. The position is for a backend engineer and will involve architecting and building scalable, event-driven fraud detection systems.
- Excellent programming skills in Java or similar language
- Experience with scripting languages and SQL
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Experience building large-scale high-performance systems
- Startup experience
- Payments or risk experience
- Machine learning or related knowledge
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or other technical field
- Alternatively, an excellent open-source contribution history (highlight in application)
- Java, Python, Cassandra, MySQL, Solr, Apache Spark, Play! framework, Linux, Docker, AWS
Who We Are
Signifyd was founded on the belief that e-commerce businesses should be able to grow without fear of fraud. Signifyd solves the challenges that growing e-commerce businesses persistently face: billions of dollars lost in chargebacks, customer dissatisfaction from mistaken declines, and operational costs due to tedious, manual transaction investigation. E-Commerce Assurance, Signifyd’s financial guarantee protecting online retailers in case of chargebacks, is supported by a full-service cloud platform that automates fraud prevention allowing businesses to increase sales and open new markets while reducing risk. Signifyd is in use by multiple companies on the Fortune 1000 and Internet Retailer Top 500 list. Signifyd is headquartered in San Jose, CA.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.
Meet Some of Signifyd's Employees
Sr. Director of Customer Success
Stacy manages the Customer Support Team, which includes employees focused on support, ongoing account management, fraud analysis, and integration engineering—essentially every post-sale interaction with clients.
Back to top