Signifyd builds systems that catch bad guys, and we're looking for someone to help us evolve our operations. Are you excited about Infrastructure as Code? Have you ever considered the merits of using Kubernetes versus ECS? Have you considered how you could build a containerized development environment with the same tools you use in production? Does the idea of implementing ChatOps intrigue you? Have you ever considered building an integrated suite of self-wiring endpoint metrics? Are you a lead that's still technical or an engineer looking to grow into leadership?
If a few of those are you and you’d be interested in the rest, then we should talk.
At Signifyd, we pride ourselves on our do-it-right culture and willingness to invest in our process. You don't have to take our word for it: Inc. Magazine recognized us as one of 2017's Best Workplaces, and Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures for 2017 ranked us at #29.
Great cultures don't just happen, though. It takes work and care. Right now, we have the start of a microservice architecture, and we leverage a few AWS services. It all works pretty well, but we know we can do better and can push our culture forward by providing our engineers with great tools. That's where you come in. We're looking to build an infrastructure and devops practice that will provide our engineers an extraordinary developer experience, pinpoint control of our deployed code, and freedom from worrying about infrastructure so they can concentrate on building those bad-guy-stopping systems.
- Build out Signifyd's infrastructure automation.
- Evaluate, update, and implement technology choices to achieve the above.
- Work with engineers to streamline operationalizing new services.
- Evaluate, update, and implement performance monitoring and anomaly detection tools.
- Help us build out a comprehensive suite of monitoring, metrics, and alerting tools, so that we can see just how awesomely stable our system has become.
- Provide guidance in choosing new tools from an infrastructure process.
- Champion best practices for building scalable, reliable services.
- Conduct root cause analysis on production issues with other engineers and harden our practice when possible.
- Lead, mentor, and grow the devops team.
- You're technical, but experienced with or looking to grow into a leadership role.
- You get excited by unlocking other people's ability to produce at high speed.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and coding. We use Java for our products and Python for our tools, but your opinions will be welcomed.
- You understand that perfect is the enemy of both great and done.
- You also understand that iteration is the way to consistently make systems better and more reliable over time.
- You understand that metrics, monitoring, and alerting are necessary to having a reliable service.
- You believe that anything can be automated and probably should be.
- You believe that developer experience is important.
- You believe in simple, unified tools that enable others to manage their own services.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and can communicate your ideas effectively.
- You keep the future in mind when making decisions.
Our ideal candidate will have some of the following:
- Experience with Unix systems administration.
- Programming experience in Python or Java.
- Good experience with a variety of AWS services.
- Knowledge and experience with networking, network design, common internet protocols, and maybe some less common protocols.
- Understanding of build systems. We use Maven, but if you're into Bazel or Gradle, we'd love hear your thoughts.
- Experience with Docker containers and repositories.
- Experience with container orchestration like ECS or Kubernetes.
- Experience with automation tools like Chef or Ansible.
- Experience with provisioning and capacity planning, because once we have everything running like a top, we’ll make sure it’s cost-effectively running like a top.
- Experience mentoring and growing devops engineers.
- Java, Python, Cassandra, MySQL, Solr, Apache Spark, Play! framework, Linux, Docker, AWS
Who We Are
Signifyd was founded on the belief that e-commerce businesses should be able to grow without fear of fraud. Signifyd solves the challenges that growing e-commerce businesses persistently face: billions of dollars lost in chargebacks, customer dissatisfaction from mistaken declines, and operational costs due to tedious, manual transaction investigation. E-Commerce Assurance, Signifyd’s financial guarantee protecting online retailers in case of chargebacks, is supported by a full-service cloud platform that automates fraud prevention allowing businesses to increase sales and open new markets while reducing risk. Signifyd is in use by multiple companies on the Fortune 1000 and Internet Retailer Top 500 list. Signifyd is headquartered in San Jose, CA.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.
Meet Some of Signifyd's Employees
Working on the back-end, Nely creates the foundations for the UX that Signifyd’s customers interact with, in addition to the database, creating a system that’s intuitive and adaptable for the future.
Back to top