Fraud Analyst - Contract
Do you love challenges? Do you hate to lose? Do you love making a difference? And do you hate bad guys? If you answered 'YES' to each, Signifyd may be the place for you.
We build software systems that catch bad guys. Using all available payment, user, and machine data, we separate legitimate credit card transactions from fraudulent ones in under 400ms. That means building large-scale systems which reduce the complexity of human purchasing behaviors into simple and quick decisions.
Our fraud analysts are the tip of the spear in the fight against fraud. They do the deep research into what constitutes "normal" purchasing behavior and what constitutes "suspicious" behavior. They work closely with our engineers who build systems around analyst insights. To succeed in this position, a person needs to be resourceful, empathetic, and deeply curious about how and why someone would commit fraud. It's a competition between you and the bad guys, and we are looking for those special folks who won't let the bad guys win.
You'll join a team of dedicated fraud experts who play a pivotal role in the growth and expansion of our service. Team members will have a huge impact on shaping this evolving department, which offers tremendous opportunity for growth, learning and leadership. This team is quick moving and customer-focused whose mission is to maximize merchant revenue while minimizing fraud. We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate individuals who work hard, play hard, and ensure our customers succeed. Note: this is a contract position.
- Review, analyze, and make fast accurate decisions on cases flagged for manual review
- Clearly and thoroughly document investigational findings and conclusions
- Maintain acceptable levels for case volume handled, responsiveness, fraud loss rates, and customer satisfaction
- Review and analyze various notifications and escalations to identify fraud trends and patterns
- Learn and use various 3rd party investigation tools
- Summarize key findings, and recommend anti-fraud processes and system enhancements
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as Customer Support, Product Management, and Engineering to enhance tools, data sources, system functionalities, and fraud detection methods
- Educate internal team members and external parties on processes and procedures
- Demonstrate a professional and customer-centric persona when interacting directly with merchants and customers via phone, e-mail, and chat
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Curiosity, Resourcefulness, and Empathy
- Ability to make decisions with limited and conflicting information
- Solid knowledge of Card Not Present (CNP) environment, ACH, ACH Returns and Credit Card Chargebacks
- A keen eye for detail, accuracy and strong critical thinking skills with advanced judgment capability
- Extensive multi-tasking and prioritization skills needs to excel in fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Must love free daily lunches, healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, regularly company-sponsored social activities, games, and flexible work schedules
Highly Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years experience in e-commerce, payments or risk-related industry
- Experience in dealing with Merchant or Payer frauds including account take over, ID theft and collusion schemes
- Experience in operational processes impacting Fraud (e.g. underwriting, customer service, recoveries)
- Experience interacting directly with customers in a call center or customer service environment
- Fluency in a major foreign language
Ability to work weekends preferred. Ability to work some holiday shifts required.
Meet Some of Signifyd's Employees
Sr. Director of Customer Success
Stacy manages the Customer Support Team, which includes employees focused on support, ongoing account management, fraud analysis, and integration engineering—essentially every post-sale interaction with clients.
Back to top