You are inquisitive, highly detailed and leave no stone unturned when it comes to investigating chargebacks. You are ambitious with a strong will to constantly learn new things and improve your craft. You are well-versed in the payments world (especially in CNP environment) and card network regulations. You have a solid background in fraud investigations, recovery and chargebacks management in various online payment processors and financial institutions. If this is you, then Signifyd is the place for you.
At Signifyd, we’re very good at proving that people are who they say they are. We build software systems that catch bad guys. Using all available payment, user, and machine data, we separate legitimate credit card transactions from fraudulent ones in under 400ms. That means building large-scale systems which reduce the complexity of human purchasing behaviors into simple and quick decisions.
You’ll join a new team working towards minimizing losses, maximizing revenue and mitigating fraud and credit risk for our customers. You will be using your excellent skills in research and investigation to recover funds while working with various processors and financial institutions to reverse chargeback cases.
This is a high-impact role that offers tremendous opportunities for growth, learning and leadership.
- With minimal supervision and guidance, conduct high quality research and analysis on credit card chargeback cases to investigate for criminal fraud or buyer fraud.
- Minimize potential losses by making decisions on chargeback cases.
- Identify friendly fraud cases and challenge such chargebacks to recover funds and prevent recurrence of bad buyer behaviour.
- Gather evidence from various data sources from both internal and third party sources to prove the validity of the transaction.
- Research, analyze and produce data needed to build rebuttal documentations to challenge chargebacks while meeting required timeframes and guidelines with little to no follow-up.
- Gain valuable insights into the true causes of chargebacks and categorize accordingly to findings and provide insights to our Risk Analytics team and merchant customers.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as customer success, product and claims teams.
- Use appropriate judgment on when to escalate significant issues for law enforcement involvement. Liaise with federal, state, and local law enforcement as needed.
- Work with Fraud Analytics and Risk Operations to provide feedback loop about criminal fraud patterns detected during chargeback investigations.
- 2+ years’ experience in a role requiring research and complex writing, such as with payment dispute processing, underwriting, data analysis, or similar
- Experience working in chargebacks management in ecommerce or payments industry
- Experience in ecommerce and payment platforms
- Knowledge of card networks’ Operating Regulations (Visa, MC, American Express and Discover) for both merchants and consumers
- Excellent analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- Highly eloquent with strong verbal and written communication skills ensuring proper interaction with customers and colleagues
- Must possess a high level of computer skills to effectively use multiple systems and have advanced knowledge in MS Office
- Self-starter and comfortable taking initiative while quickly grasping concepts, processes and ideas
- Ability to work on routine tasks both independently and with the team
- Highly professional with willingness to adapt to a constantly changing, customer-driven work environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task or work flexible hours when necessary
- Local candidates only
- Excel expert
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of scripting
Meet Some of Signifyd's Employees
Working on the back-end, Nely creates the foundations for the UX that Signifyd’s customers interact with, in addition to the database, creating a system that’s intuitive and adaptable for the future.
Back to top