Supplier Quality Engineer
This position is not opened currently, but we frequently search new colleagues for this job due to our constant development and growth.
In case you would like to join us in this position in the future, please apply, and once the position becomes available, we will contact you.
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of our Professional Lighting Business in Hungary. Its main responsibilities are to manage the end-to-end quality relationship with allocated supply base, qualify suppliers, validate and release components and implement supplier quality functional excellence initiatives so quality mindset must be in your DNA.
Together we can...
- Set supplier quality requirements to suppliers and products
- Manage quality at regional suppliers in one commodity
- Implement supplier quality, sustainability and supplier development processes
- Work closely with suppliers to prevent quality incidents
- Drive resolution of difficult problems (having several root causes) at single suppliers
- Lead and co-decide on qualification of suppliers based on their competences and competitiveness during qualification audits
- Drive early supplier engagement in the NPI process, validate and (dis)approves release of components, assemblies and processes at suppliers. Own the PPAP process.
- Engage suppliers in the Philips Sustainability Programs such as Hazard Substance Compliancy, Carbon Disclosure, SSD and Conflict Minerals and responsible for their continuous compliance
- Compile all data and prepare the rationale/case to ensure complete cost recovery in case of incidents
- Support the supplier development team in the identification of savings and responsible for implementation of the identified savings
- Perform quick but complete resolution of complaints and decide on closure of complaints
Open minded, curious and innovative and aligned with our company values and aims and you bring the following experiences and competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in a technology/manufacturing environment
- University/college degree in an engineering discipline
- Knowledge of quality tools (e.g. PPAP, D/PFMEA) and problem solving techniques (e.g. 5xWhy, 8D, Fault tree)
- Impactful communication
- Good team player
- Intermediate English
- Green Belt certificate and auditor qualifications are ideal
Back to top