Sr Software Engineer-Mobile Applications, Cooper Lighting Solutions
- Atlanta, GA
Cooper Lighting Solutions. We build forward-thinking lighting solutions that make people's lives safer, while making buildings, homes and cities smarter and more sustainable. We deliver an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls and smart lighting systems.
Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Working as a Senior Mobile Software Engineer at Cooper Lighting Solutions is dynamic. You'll be responsible for ensuring that elegant and efficient software applications are designed, implemented, and delivered on time in order to support profitable growth for business units.
What you'll do
- Develop mobile hybrid applications, incorporating reusable componentized design and various native device functionality, like WiFi, BLE, camera, and more, using Angular and iOS native skills, as well as knowledge of Cordova plugins. Primary technologies include Angular, Cordova, and iOS native development (both Swift and Objective C).
- Be a go-to expert on solving the "hard problems" faced by the development team, leveraging your breadth of development experience.
- Research, analyze, and assess new technologies necessary for future enhancements of products, leading the effort to adapt and improve those products, helping to keep Cooper Lighting Solutions products at the forefront of technology.
- Dynamically work with product management and other design team members to understand the business needs prior to proposing and developing a complete mobile solution or mobile front end to larger system solution.
- Demonstrate, implement, and enforce best practices for technology implementation, including architectures and development processes, coordinating across teams to drive a unified solution.
- Bachelors degree from accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of software development experience, working amongst web development, hybrid mobile app development, and native mobile app development, with iOS native development required.
- Expert knowledge of best practice software engineering methodologies, processes, and technologies with a passion for programming
- Knowledge of the unique challenges posed by mobile application development and user experience
We question, we seek, and we solve. Because building a better world means asking tough questions and pushing harder for answers. Together with our customers, we create solutions that build a better world. At Cooper Lighting Solutions, we push past the ordinary to build brighter.
What we promise
We're committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team.
Any and all information you share with us as part of your application procedure will be assessed during the application process
Please be informed that unless our vacancy explicitly references a third party recruitment agency, Signify does not engage with third-party agencies. Applications should be made directly to our career site.
Back to top